Updating to ASP.NET MVC Preview 5
Well, I once again fell off the wagon when it comes to updating this site. I’ve been so busy working on my new ASP.NET MVC project that I even missed the Preview 4 update. That would be bad enough, until I recently found out that Preview 5 is now out. What a slacker I am!
So I spent the last little bit updating my Preview 3 projects to Preview 5. I don’t know how much of this was Preview 4 specific since I skipped it entirely. Here is what I did:
- Uninstall Preview 3 from my PC.
- Close all Visual Studio instances.
- Install Preview 5.
- Open my MVC projects.
- Remove previous references to System.Web.Abstractions, System.Web.Mvc, and System.Web.Routing.
- Add these references back, pointing now to the new install path.
- Add a reference to Microsoft.Web.Mvc, found in the same location.
I had used System.Web.Mvc.BindingHelperExtensions in several locations, but this functionality has been moved to the Controller class. To correct it, simply replace the calls to BindingHelperExtensions.UpdateFrom(model, Request.Form) with UpdateModel(model, Request.Form.AllKeys).
That was all I had to do to get it up and running. Now I need to uninstall Preview 3 from the server, install Preview 5, and reload my sites.