Home > .NET, AS400, iSeries, System i > IBM iSeries .NET Managed Provider ObjectDisposedException problem SOLVED

IBM iSeries .NET Managed Provider ObjectDisposedException problem SOLVED

October 23, 2009

I can’t believe how remiss I’ve been: this has been a big problem for me since early 2007, and we finally got it solved a couple of months ago, and I can’t believe I never blogged about it!

Two things to fix this:

1) Install iSeries Client Access V5R4.  Be sure to install the .NET Managed Provider if it is not already installed.  A full install will NOT do this, you must check the box to include it.

2) Install SI35287 on any PC that is connecting to the 400.  This is essentially V5R4 SP1 and will finally solve this little issue.

I do not know what the status of this bug on V6R1 is, but I will say that once I installed the SP this problem finally stopped.

Advertisements
Categories: .NET, AS400, iSeries, System i
  1. October 23, 2009 at 5:01 pm

    Here is a major tip to assist you in the future.

    STOP USING THE AS400!

    Ahem.. there you go 🙂

  1. No trackbacks yet.
Comments are closed.
%d bloggers like this: